Machine Learning Engineer Salary
Machine learning (ML) is one of the fastest-growing fields. As such, many people are actively trying to become machine learning engineers. The need to work in this field makes many people curious about the pay of experts. In this article, you will learn about the factors that affect the salary of a machine learning engineer. You will also know the income of specialists depending on their job description.
Factors that Affect Machine Learning Engineer Salary
Several factors can affect your income as an ML engineer. These factors include the following.
- Your credentials affect the amount of money you make.
- Apart from your credentials, having some relevant experience can help you negotiate high pay. Likewise, possessing more skills can improve your remuneration.
- The company or business that employs you also determines how much you make. Entities whose core operations are dependent on a machine learning engineer will pay more than others.
- If you are successful elsewhere, you are more likely going to get a higher offer when you switch jobs. Likewise, as an ML engineer, your ability to perform on the job can increase your salary.
- The location of a job also plays a part in determining what you earn. Working in a state where the taxes and cost of living are high may reduce the money you make.
- If you are employed to perform complex tasks, you are more likely going to get paid higher. In addition, being employed to perform complex tasks means you have the desired skills to perform.
Machine Learning Engineer Salary Scale
Your salary as a machine learning engineer varies based on several factors, including those mentioned above. Below are the job levels and respective earnings.
You can make a decent income at the entry-level of machine learning. You should expect to earn a minimum of $90,000. As such, you will want to gain employment in a company within the first few years of your graduation. In addition, having some internship or freelancing experience can be helpful.
You will need to work for at least 1 year or have a master’s degree to become a junior engineer in machine learning. At this level, you will expect to earn about $110,000 annually. However, you will need to have experience in business analytics, data analytics, and application development. In addition, you can directly become a junior engineer as a graduate if you have all these skills.
You will have to spend some years to attain this level. However, getting to this position is more about accomplishments than the time spent on the job. Therefore, you will want an excellent resume to become a mid-level engineer. As a mid-level engineer, you should earn anything over $135,000.
You need at least 10 years of experience to become a senior engineer in ML. In addition, you will have to have a list of accomplishments and managerial skills to get to this position. In such a case, you can earn up to about $170,000 annually.
Other useful articles:
- Is Machine Learning Engineer a Good Career
- Machine Learning Engineer Requirements
- ML Engineer Job Description
- Machine Learning Engineer Career Path
- ML Engineer vs Data Scientist Global Comparison
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Full-Stack Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer Required Skills
- Machine Learning Engineer Tools
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Research Scientist
- What Machine Learning Engineer Does
- Machine Learning Engineer Certification
- Machine Learning Engineer Master's Program
- Machine Learning Engineer Responsibilities
- Machine Learning Engineer Roadmap
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Computer Science
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Software Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer Oracle
- Machine Learning Engineer vs Researcher
- How to Be Freelance Machine Learning Engineer
- Online Bootcamp for Machine Learning Engineers
- Machine Learning Engineer vs Web Developer
- Python Machine Learning Developer Skills and Requirements
- What does ML Mean
- Machine Learning vs. Deep Learning
- Machine Learning Engineer Salary